Spider-Man: Far From Home Review
Tom Holland’s second outing in his stand-alone film franchise proves this Spider-Man is the only one we need in this Marvel Universe. Holland’s performance is so authentic and charming it’s easy to forget about even the fantastic supporting cast. The addition of Jake Gyllenhaal as Quentin Beck will surprise you at how well his character fits into the story.
Marvel is selling this as the end of Phase Four, which you might not think is possible because EndGame was so epic, but it works so well to explain what comes next after Iron Man’s sacrifice.
Here’s what to watch for in Spider-Man: Far From Home:
- The “How are these kids still in high school after The Snap?” Question gets answered in the first 5 minutes.
- The opening sequence is hilarious and I’m sure there are some Avenger fans out there that have created something similar.
- Nick Fury and Maria Hill are back in action!
- The Spidey Villains are by far the most complex in the Marvel Universe besides Killmonger in Black Panther.
- The post-credit scenes (there are two of them) are crucial for fans who need to know what will come next in Phase Five.